Clermont College Enrollment / Admissions BLOG

eSite of the University of Cincinnati Clermont College Office of Enrollment / Admissions

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

High School Visit

Morning....

Ever mutter that word because it would take too much energy to say, 'good morning'? I felt that way today after getting up at 5:45 AM to get to my first high school presentation of the day. The question that kept going through my mind was a simple one: 'why do teachers do this every day?' Maybe the real question is 'how' do they do it? I don't like getting up this early and I'm very glad that this is not a normal occurrence in my world.

I need some coffee.... really! Right now!!

Today I got to meet juniors and seniors at Amelia High School in the Business & Technology School. Becky Landen, their instructor, had invited me to speak to her classes about college. I really love doing this, and I feel like I was amped up about it, but many of those students looked like I felt. But you can't go by what you think things look like. I've learned that they are listening and I hope that I gave them a few things to think about that will help each one to have a better life.

Bottom line: you really need to get a college degree to open doors in life.

Blaine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home