Clermont College Enrollment / Admissions BLOG

eSite of the University of Cincinnati Clermont College Office of Enrollment / Admissions

Monday, January 04, 2010

Happy New Year - Happy New Quarter!

Welcome to 2010! Today marks the beginning of UC's Winter Quarter, so let the classes begin! After hearing many questions concerning 'certificates', 'applications', 'confirmation fees', and 'transcripts', I thought this would be a good time to shed some light on the sometimes confusing world of admissions.

- Transcripts must be 'official'. That means they need to arrive at UC Clermont in a sealed envelope from the admissions office, registration office, or guidance office of your high school and/or other college. Copies, faxes, online print-outs, and those written in crayon are not acceptable. A copy of your diploma is not acceptable ... sorry. BTW - GED transcripts can be faxed or copied to us. We don't need or want the diploma, just the scores showing you 'passed'.

- 60/90 rule: those with a college degree or at least 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours only need to submit college transcripts when they apply to a degree program at UC. High school or GED transcripts are not needed in these cases.

- Some Certificates are not covered by financial aid, so the applicant may want to apply for a degree to receive aid but only take classes required in the certificate = use the system to their advantage, if $$$ is needed. I'm not saying to do this, but it is a fairly common practice.

- UC Clermont does not require any transcripts from those applying for a Certificate with the exception being in Paralegal. The Paralegal Certificate is 'post-baccalaureate, meaning you have to already have a bachelor's degree to enter this program. All others, just fill out the application.

- A 'Confirmation Form' will be sent out with your acceptance letter after you apply to UC Clermont. You must return this form, no matter what degree or certificate you are pursuing and it doesn't matter whether you'll attend UC part-time of full-time. There is a $50 matriculation fee required with the Confirmation Form when the student will attend UC full-time. So part-time folks only need to return the form ... no cash needed. BTW - don't think you can state you'll be part-time to avoid this fee and then register as a full-time student. We will find you and we will add the $50 to your bill. The big change here is that we once could 'waive' this fee and allow your financial aid to pay it. Those days are gone now. Don't have the $? Sign up for part-time. Trying to get Financial Aid? You must be a 'confirmed student' in order to receive Financial Aid.

Got a question? Let me know and I'll address here.

Cheers for the new year!

Labels: , , , ,


Post a Comment

<< Home